Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers @ Bengals Predictions
(11-23-2023, 11:31 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I never said the team lacks talent, that is you making things up.  Of course you agree with another Burrow basher.

You have zero evidence the defense can win games without Burrow.  The post season, the last 2 years, Burrow made incredible plays and throws in key situations which helped us win games.  The defense did their part but it took all 3 phases.

If you think this year's defense is anywhere near comparable to last year's defense you are incredibly mistaken.  We didnt give up a TD in the second half for the first 7 weeks last season.  This defense ranks at the bottom in multiple categories. 

We have the Steelers twice and the Browns once, both with excellent defenses and very good rush offenses.
The Colts have a solid rush attack and beat the Ravens in Baltimore and had Cleveland beat without back-to-back bad calls.
Jags have a solid defense and good QB.
KC with a great defense and Mahomes.

These are difficult games for a team that cannot stop the run, cannot run the ball, and have a QB with only one real relief appearance.

Let me unpack a rebuttal

1. From what I took in a response your wrote, you seem to mention that it was a farce to think we could maybe go to a SB without Burrow, i took that as you don;t believe we have the talent to do it without Burrow and I believe we do ( i did not indicate we could do it this year). No where in my response did I realistic say we could make the playoffs this year without him and stated obviously he gives us the best chance of making the playoffs.
I have felt we were an underdog even with Burrow to make it this year just did not seem like the team was at the level we had been last two years around this point in time and sitting last in the division was not a good sign.
2. I accurately pointed out on Burrow did not play at the level in the post season that we had seen in the regular season, totally accurate, never bashed Burrow, never said he did not make any plays plus he has been solid in playing low turnover games in the playoffs but 9 tds in 7 games, 260 ypg range is not what he had shown in the regular season, I pointed out that our defense played at a higher level in playoffs, totally accurate also.
3. You keep saying we have not shown we can win without Burrow but you really don;t have any prove over the last two years to that statement, since Burrow has played the great majority of the games, if you are referencing his rookie year, we were not winning with him either that year and now we have a much better group of players.

Just had to set the record straight with your response, know im moving on to enjoy more turkey .. :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers @ Bengals Predictions - Housh - 11-22-2023, 12:14 PM
RE: Steelers @ Bengals Predictions - Housh - 11-22-2023, 01:49 PM
RE: Steelers @ Bengals Predictions - jj22 - 11-23-2023, 11:33 AM
RE: Steelers @ Bengals Predictions - Essex Johnson - 11-23-2023, 07:03 PM
RE: Steelers @ Bengals Predictions - TJ528 - 11-22-2023, 12:30 PM
RE: Steelers @ Bengals Predictions - TJ528 - 11-22-2023, 02:16 PM
RE: Steelers @ Bengals Predictions - Nepa - 11-22-2023, 06:51 PM
RE: Steelers @ Bengals Predictions - jason - 11-22-2023, 04:16 PM
RE: Steelers @ Bengals Predictions - jj22 - 11-22-2023, 09:03 PM