Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How Do We Improve The Line? Will We Do It?
(11-22-2023, 03:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Last offseason, we tried to improve the line but it just didn't happen. I went into this season thinking the line would be a strength and I had such high hopes that I put down a lot of money on bets for the team and also for individual awards for Burrow and Chase.

Burrow has never had a decent line here and has still taken us to a play from winning the ship and an AFCC game, so will we go all-out to bring in a decent line to make sure he doesn't have a short career and to win the big one?

What do we need to do to fix the line this offseason? Bring in free agents? Draft lineman? Replace Pollack? Replace Zac?

Jonah is likely leaving in free agency, so I've seen us taking a tackle in the first round, but what else needs to be done? Free agents?

Or is it as simple as replacing Pollack?

Or will it be another wasted year?

Actually the line has improved it was on pace to have the lowest sacks and pressures in Burrow's career plus less negative plays rushing and one of the least penalized lines. So we need to continue that improvement in making some changes but not blowing it up and spending too much capital since we have other areas to improve 

1. Replace Pollack for fresh change plus see if we can better develop our draft picks
2.  Resign Williams, or replace with a  solid FA
3. Draft better especially at guard in with two picks 2nd to 5th rounds.
4. Bring in a proven FA at RB or draft 1 in top 3rd rounds to replace or compete with Mixon
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Do We Improve The Line? Will We Do It? - Essex Johnson - 11-24-2023, 09:44 AM