Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving)
(11-25-2023, 02:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: That's why I say he's inconsistent.  Pancakes are great and all, but I'd rather have the guy that consistently gets to the second level and makes the block than the guy who puts a guy on the ground one rep and completely whiffs the next.  When he's going against NFL size, power, speed, and football IQ, those pancakes are going to be fewer and fewer and those whiffs are going to be more and more.  

Fuaga is a developmental prospect to me, and I don't see taking a guy that needs that much development at #11.  At #20, sure, no problem, though I'd want a stopgap RT added in FA.  

In the video it shows him consistently combo and climbing plus getting to the WLB on the second level from the backside. Also it shows him pulling and driving a guy out of bounds on a sweep. He does miss 2 second level blocks one the zone stretch where he doesn't get to the WLB and one on a broken screen late in the game where he splits rhe safeties (3 if you dont count his forearm block early but he had leverage and was looking for more work). He also misses a front side block on an inside zone. It also shows him terrorizing the Utah defensive line on boots and down blocks while pancaking more than a few guys. He also pitched a shutout in pass protection... There is a reason he is considered the best Run Blocking OT in College football.

Edit: Wanted to add getting to the WLB on the zone stretch from either tackle spot is tough. The LB is flowing away from the Tackle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving) - Synric - 11-23-2023, 01:37 PM
RE: Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving) - 3wt - 11-24-2023, 12:25 PM
RE: Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving) - Synric - 11-25-2023, 03:19 PM
RE: Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving) - 3wt - 11-24-2023, 12:26 PM