Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Jake Browning Falters Again Let’s Try AJ McCarron
It’s time to think about the six remaining games the Bengals face. Yes, I understand there are those among us who wish the team to tank, finish 5-12, and get some nice draft picks along with an easier schedule next season. I have some strong disagreement with this strategy. Believe me, the Bengals too many issues to simply be addressed in the draft. Also, if the team tanks then Cincinnati becomes a less attractive landing spot for free agents.

The zillion pound elephant in the room is the unassailable fact that the Bengals are a dumpster fire without a healthy Joe Burrow behind center. While I want Jake Browning to succeed it’s not going to happen. The supporting cast around him is far too weak. This goes for the defense too; Lou Anarumo has been outsmarted by almost every offensive coordinator the Bengals have faced this season with the baffling exception of those in the NFC West.

Zac Taylor has a far better postseason record than any other Bengals’ coach but I posit to one and all that Marvin Lewis had better overall teams.* There was never the pressure on Carson Palmer or Andy Dalton to carry the entire team like there is on Joe Burrow — which is completely unfair to him. Carson and Andy never had to play like superstars for the Bengals to win. Unfortunately Joe does.

With this said I hope Zac reverses his rectocranial inversion and starts AJ McCarron if Jake Browning lays another egg in the game against Jacksonville. Cleveland is starting Joe Flacco this week and I reluctantly give Kevin Stefanski credit for playing a veteran — even one like Flacco who is almost eligible for Medicare. AJ McCarron has SOME NFL experience — not nearly as much as Flacco — but in my opinion AJ gives the Bengals a better chance to win than Jake. He’s been there and the game isn’t too big for him.

*No, I don’t want Marvin back. His ship has sailed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If Jake Browning Falters Again Let’s Try AJ McCarron - Fan_in_Kettering - 11-30-2023, 10:24 PM