Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Jake Browning Falters Again Let’s Try AJ McCarron
(12-06-2023, 06:19 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Oh yeah I agree, but I think giving him these remaining 5 games will let us evaluate that. I think we largely already know what McCarron is, he's had time in the league, but Browning we don't know the full picture about yet. If he sees out the season, he'll have had 7 starts and that should really be enough to know whether the's a backup for the foreseeable. I think give him the games without too much fear of getting benched, to properly see what he's got. If it turns out MNF was a real outlier and he sucks, then to me it just suggests we need to try again on the backup, rather than be looking much into McCarron. 

I hear ya and mostly agree, but if we have any shot at the playoffs at all and Browning looks like Akili Smith in his next 2 starts, I wouldn't hesitate to throw McCarron out there for the rest of the year.

I'd still look for a better backup next year, as McCarron will turn 34 next year and isn't a long term answer. He probably could've been, years ago, had we managed to keep him and he'd not been injured.

I think McCarron would be solid now, as he's fully recovered, but again, not a long term solution, and I'd rather see what Browning can do. For now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Jake Browning Falters Again Let’s Try AJ McCarron - Shake n Blake - 12-06-2023, 07:51 PM