Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Its becoming clear we knocked this last draft out of the park
(12-06-2023, 01:21 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: A "not bad" draft. Robbins will be in a competition again this off season for a job...whether we draft a punter or not. Admittedly, I haven't looked at this upcoming draft class for punters, but even if it's a signee that's not drafted, Robbins is going to either step up or step out (of the roster).

TE......wished we had plucked one of the many good ones last draft, but we didn't. Irv Smith is gone. If he can't get any catches with Browing at the helm, Burrow isn't going to look his way much.

Again, wished we had plucked higher in this draft for a RB, but we didn't. Mixon has clearly lost a step or two. He's not dancing around in the backfield as much looking for something to open up. unless it's a big hole, he's not quick enough to hit the opposing DLs where a hole may open. Thanks Joe, but we're drafting another RB again next year.

The rest? Not bad. Wished Murphy would have asserted himself sooner, but he's coming on a little bit more, now.

We will need to get a replacement for Reader. I still don't think Tee is going anywhere. Down year for him. Unfortunately it was during a contract year. He'll take a "prove it" extension.

Down year or not, I don't think Tee will have to take a prove it deal. In fact I think they'll tag him at least once. There's no reason to let him walk after this year. Couple of tweaks and we could be the best team in the AFC hands down next season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Its becoming clear we knocked this last draft out of the park - jason - 12-06-2023, 02:52 PM