Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This needs to be hung on Zac Taylor's office wall
(12-06-2023, 12:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: As long as you're not creating a lot of 3rd and longs because you're getting stonewalled. And I've seen my fill of getting stonewalled.

For sure.

(12-06-2023, 12:47 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: He just came back off IR so I expect to see a whole lot more of him.  He was in beast mode last night, and we need to keep that train rolling.

Yes we do need to keep that Chase Brown train rolling. It was refreshing seeing a Bengal RB hit holes at full speed without hesitation.

(12-06-2023, 04:28 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nah, you are remembering wrong. 

Bratkowski was the "run run pass" offense. Taylor is the "run pass pass" offense.

Andy Dalton's first career game with Zac Taylor, he threw 51 times and they ran it 14 times despite never being down by more than 4 and having a lead 3 different times in the game. Dalton threw 50+ passes 3 times in 13 games that year despite only doing it 3 times in the 120 previous games he played.

I love it when people try to blame Zac's offense on Burrow opting out of runs, but Zac's literally who he has always been, even pre-Burrow. In 2016 with UC he had Hayden Moore, Gunner Kiel, and Ross Trail throw it 452 times in 12 games (almost 38 passes per game). Meanwhile their leading rusher averaging 4.7 yards per carry on just 159 carries and he had a backup RB who averaged 7.4ypc the year before and ended up in the NFL (still is there, Mike Boone). Inherited the 37th scoring offense and in his only year he turned them into the 123rd out of 128.

At some point you just need to accept the scorpion is the scorpion. Can't help it, it's in his nature.

Thanks for Zac's history TLL. That just won't cut it, not in college and especially not in the NFL. You have to have balance.

(12-06-2023, 05:10 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Agree. You need some balance on offense, and even if you're not running the ball well you still have to make the defence account for the possibility you might be running the ball. Nobody is saying give Joe Mixon 30 carries if he's going 2 YPC. But you certainly should run it more than the 8 times we managed the other week.

As KillerGoose said, we did only have around 40 snaps on Offense against the stealers, but still 8 times is still low.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This needs to be hung on Zac Taylor's office wall - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-06-2023, 07:14 PM