Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Safeties Play So Loose
(12-06-2023, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bates tackled like shit here for years and he gets a pass, Bates gave up 2 TD's in the AFC Championship against the Chiefs that 
were huge in us losing that game and he gets a pass. Bates played not to get hurt in a contract year and he gets a pass...

But Dax Hill shows some growing pains in his first year starting and he is just terrible. Ninja

When you're a decent defense and you're winning lots of games, a lot of things are able to get a pass. I was never on the "pay Bates tons of money" train largely because of the things you mentioned. I didn't expect they'd let Bell go too when he got a very reasonable contract.

When you're on arguably the worst defense in the NFL and currently out of the playoffs, things get less of a pass. It's not even the safeties, though, so while I do wish they kept Bell to go with Dax, I don't think the safeties are the only problem. The LBs are playing pretty darn poorly, the DL is pretty disappointing, and they are all guys who got paid.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Safeties Play So Loose - Nepa - 12-05-2023, 11:28 PM
RE: Why the Safeties Play So Loose - TheLeonardLeap - 12-07-2023, 02:56 AM
RE: Why the Safeties Play So Loose - Nepa - 12-06-2023, 10:22 AM
RE: Why the Safeties Play So Loose - jj22 - 12-06-2023, 11:36 AM
RE: Why the Safeties Play So Loose - J24 - 12-06-2023, 04:05 PM