Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Safeties Play So Loose
(12-07-2023, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree, the Safeties namely Battle have just gotten better and better. It is the vets at LB and on the DL that need to 
play much better. Hilton and Chido haven't played great this year either. This along with the youth and the Defense is bound to 
not be playing as good as they should.

Thanks FSV. Good stuff.

Helps prove my point. Smirk

Thanks for this as well TLL, gives even more information in proving that Dax isn't as bad of a tackler as Bates has been.

Dax is young as well and should get better. Tackling was a strong suit of Dax Hill in college unlike Bates.

Nah, you guys both gave info to support the truth, don't be so hard on yourselves lol 

The funny thing here is that I mostly agree with what many others and yourself have been saying. Bates is having a nice year, but he is also playing in a weaker division. Bates was always more of center fielder type S. The reason that I'm being hard on Dax is because he has the ability to be both a bruising S and a center fielder type.

For the record it's the leadership and loss of Bell that hurt the most. Fortunately Battle looks like a solid hit in the draft. He's still a rookie though.

I've already mentioned that they are young and have an opportunity to be good as they grow. I also agree that the inability to slow down the run up front and injuries obviously, have been the most disappointing things about this season. 

Lastly, you are coming off like a real DH here. I'm not sure where you came up with the idea that I have ever considered Bates a tackling machine? I've never said that shit ever! I said he was making a difference for the ATL , and he is. He is also in a weaker division. Ts, take your smug ass on down the road.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Safeties Play So Loose - Nepa - 12-05-2023, 11:28 PM
RE: Why the Safeties Play So Loose - Nepa - 12-06-2023, 10:22 AM
RE: Why the Safeties Play So Loose - jj22 - 12-06-2023, 11:36 AM
RE: Why the Safeties Play So Loose - J24 - 12-06-2023, 04:05 PM
RE: Why the Safeties Play So Loose - coachmcneil71 - 12-08-2023, 01:48 AM