Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If Bengals somehow make the playoffs and go "1 and done"...
(12-06-2023, 10:41 PM)Nepa Wrote: Absolutely a success to make the playoffs after 1 and 3, and 3 and 5, and 5 and 6 start to the season. And with the 2nd hardest schedule in the league upcoming at the time the Bengals were 5 and 6. 

It would be very impressive. And say a lot about the character of the team. It would be really easy to love a team that went out against the obstacles and brought success. Not exactly Mission Impossible odds, but this team was considered out of it right after Burrow went out. 

I personally would be extremely elated for the team to overcome such obstacles and make the playoffs. And I think they would win a lot of fans by the grit of this team and being truly underdogs.

Also, its's my belief that getting into the playoffs, even if not winning a playoff game, would be a great foundation for next year. The team, the fans -- would be tremendously inspired for next year, rather than the mentality of "we folded like a cheap suit when Burrow went out," and "we have no hope without him." Other teams have found success, even Super Bowls, when they lost star players, including star QBs.

I wasn't a NY Giants fan when they decided to go all out to beat the Patriots in a meaningless last game of the season. And they lost. But that propelled them to a Super Bowl and they won a lot of fans in the process of deciding not to just rest their players, but try to beat the unbeaten Patriots. And when they faced them in the Super Bowl, they did just that. I'm still inspired by the character of that team.  

And maybe with the Bengals success  of getting to the playoffs, the front office will go out and sign more free agents for positions the Bengals need, rather than say let's depend on the draft, when so many draft picks end up being disappointments.

But, it's still great odds against the Bengals. ESPN doesn't even list them among contenders for a playoff position. 

ESPN is a joke anyway.....jus sayin....

Otherwise, I agree 100%.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Bengals somehow make the playoffs and go "1 and done"... - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-07-2023, 10:57 AM