Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shotgun vs. Under Center and our effectiveness
First off, Joe Burrow is our QB 1,000% this is not a post about Jake Browning taking over in any way shape or form, squash that.

Secondly, I realize all the play station kids, analytics, stat geeks will be heated and post lists of stats. I don't care

This offense has shown an effectiveness, a chemistry, an ability, these last two games we haven't seen much. There's a flow, a chemistry to this O that's just missing in the all shotgun O a lot of the time !! Sure when the shotgun is firing on all cylinders it's great. Joe Burrow can carve some teams up.

But when teams with a great pass rush face off against us and play two deep safeties we struggle, sometimes a lot !! What's missing ? the running game and playaction. I can remember I think it was Ryan Clark talking about how defenses have it much easier facing shotgun and especially empty sets. They know what's coming. Our screen games rarely gets much out of shotgun. Mixon can't run out of shotgun. Perhaps Chase Brown will change that ?

I'm just hoping when we get Burrow back they don't go back to basically all shotgun sets !! We started doing a bit of under center before Joe got hurt but it was still just here and there.

We need to be like at least 60% shotgun 40% under center, or 65% SG 35% UC. We have to get more balance in our offense for several reasons.

My biggest question of all is how sustainable is the all shotgun O long term. Can JB survive healthy for ten more seasons without some running game, some play action?? Some effective screen game. Him not having to carry the load getting sacked out the wazoo.

Learn from this ZT and the brain trust that calls the O.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Shotgun vs. Under Center and our effectiveness - bengalfan74 - 12-11-2023, 01:23 PM