Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
The underlying truth of the matter.....
(12-14-2023, 04:52 PM)Housh Wrote: Burrow likes SG

His ass needs to start liking under center lol

We are too scary when we can keep linebackers at bay due to screens and play actions

I feel like Jake hasn’t even been CLOSE to getting sacked these last games.

Iv always liked schemes where it’s 2 reads and run. I always felt the Burrow offense was a bit too hard because it not only demands on time reads but it also demands elite accuracy and demands elite processing of defenses. Every pass doesn’t have to be a tight window pass. You are allowed to have half field reads and plays where there’s only 2 reads. Our issue is every play has 4-5 reads and it puts pressure on Burrow to be elite.

When Burrow gets back we need to call waaaaay more plays where it’s “hey if these2 routes aren’t open just Check down or run.

It makes playing simple. Also WRs tend to run harder on those plays because they know they are getting the ball if they get open.

Keep the RPOs and add more to that.

Continue running

Continue screens to Chase Brown.

Half the pass plays we call should be “no thinking needed” plays, where you read 1-2 guys then throw or run

Yeah Burrow likes empty because you get the max # of guys available to decipher from. He also doesn't like under center play action because you turn your back to the field and valuable information. I get it because he is capable and you in theory maximize your potential on any given play. I really don't think we should rid of it entirely and I'm sure they won't but we should be merging the two. I think the real clue that we should be doing this to Burrow isn't that it will make life easier on him which I would think it will. But the whole offense seems to be thriving in this system and it's making it easier from the top down. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The underlying truth of the matter..... - NUGDUKWE - 12-14-2023, 05:11 PM