Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
I'm just tired of Bengals football, man
(01-08-2024, 05:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Part of building a team to win a championship includes being built capable of holding one's own with whatever your division/conference has to offer.  In the AFCN, you have three teams with extremely physical OLs and DLs, and then you have the Bengals.  Had the Browns not played the scrub team, the Bengals would have likely went 0-6 versus the division.

Documented by NFL GMs or not, you tell me how important it is to compete with your own division?  I mean, putting yourself in a 6 game hole means you have to be perfect versus the rest of the league..

I'm not taking a stand against the sentiment, I'm just tossing out to what extent GM's think about it the way we are framing it in this thread. Of course you need to compete in your division, but when people say "We aren't built to compete in the division" I'm not sure some people even know what they mean. They are just dropping fandom speak. I'd like to have the inside scoop and see how GMs and front office personnel frame their conversations and strategy.

My documented comment is an acknowledgment that perhaps the answer to my question is already out there and on the record that GMs verbalize they worry about building to compete within their smaller division.

Edit: I suppose my take is that a team should be built to win a Super Bowl. That naturally takes care of winning in the playoffs and the division.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm just tired of Bengals football, man - TecmoBengals - 01-08-2024, 06:07 PM