Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can we fix the team to compete in AFC north?
(12-31-2023, 10:36 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Zac Taylor has called such an unbalanced style of offense knowing full well the inadequacy of the o-line.   They go out and spend a ton of money to improve the line and there’s barely any improvement.  

People assume that Burrow will come back at some point fully healthy and get back to the level of play from him we are accustomed to…the reality is that in order for this team to achieve any success  going forward that’s the only way.  Chances are that that’s not likely to happen.   Every injury and every game he misses most likely takes away from the progression needed to sustain a successful career in the NFL.  Zac Taylor’s inexperience and ineptitude is only exacerbating any chance Burrow has of a long successful career.

I don't have confidence that Burrow will be back to normal at the start of next season, he has shown us more times than not he is not ready (physically), fluke or not. Also that specific injury is concerning as a fan, I think the least he will deal with is chronic pain apparently.

If you look far into the future, Burrow is probably once in an era type QB (or at least, every 10-15 years). We don't get lucky with QBs like that lol, if he doesn't work out, our commentary is just copy and paste - difference being Mike Brown will be dead.

Zac does seem to make a lot of mistakes and his play calling is suspect at times, I think a lot of fans will say that about their team. But the coaches also need time to gain experience to figure themselves out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can we fix the team to compete in AFC north? - reuben.ahmed - 12-31-2023, 10:37 PM