Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can we fix the team to compete in AFC north?
(12-31-2023, 10:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Please define “abysmal” as it pertains to the Ravens. The Bengals had won four of the previous five entering into this year. The Bengals also won the AFC North two years in a row. Browns and Ravens are going to start bleeding players next year.

Under Taylor the bengals are 9-20 vs the afc north overall.

I’m not sure how that breaks down against every team but I’m guessing our worst record is against the browns.

Bengals have been okay vs the ravens overall but this year the ravens really pulled away in my opinion. Lamar got healthy. They solidified their defense at the end of last year and were quite dominant this year. They have the right recipe to win in the nfl with great defense, great running game, and solid qb play. Lamar may win his second mvp this year. His defense and running game are a major reason why.

In my opinion Zac needs to learn from the ravens formula. Need to improve the dline. Improve the secondary. Improve the defense. Need to improve the run game.

The run game is very important in afc north games. The teams that win on the ground generally win these games and it’s clear that the browns, ravens, and Steelers know this.

The Bengals are built a bit like a college team or Peyton manning colts team. Very explosive, but struggle against good defenses. The colts finally got over the hump because of their defense and running game. This is what the bengals need to do.

The bengals best games were a result of a balanced offensive attack. Thats what the bengals need. Need to shore up the defense as well. I like the young secondary players and think they can definitely develop. Need to beef up up front though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can we fix the team to compete in AFC north? - Bengalstripes9 - 12-31-2023, 11:36 PM