Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can we fix the team to compete in AFC north?
(01-04-2024, 03:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is tough, but the Reader injury and lack of pass rush besides BJ Hill on the interior have forced our hand with DT and I don't want 
Jonah back honestly. He plays okay against a lot of teams outside the Division but just gets destroyed in our Division. We need a guy
at RT with more upside that isn't playing worse and worse every year.

Honestly if the coaches can develop the young guys this could be a blessing in disguise as we might be moving on from some of 
these older players right in the nick of time. Get a new OL coach and develop our young players and we could be better. I also like 
the idea of signing Tee and trading him. We CAN draft WR's and this is a good draft for them, if we can add an elite proven DT to 
the team like Chris Jones maybe even better and younger pass rushing DT with upside we could be in a fantastic spot.

Truthfully, a healthy Joe Burrow and we most definitely are not 0-5 in the Division this year and this may be the best any Division 
will ever look. That is how good the AFC North has been this year, historically good. If we beat the Browns this next game we will
be the first Division ever for every team to be above .500 in a season if I am not mistaken.

Why is that annoying for us to have invested a ton in the OL again? Isn't this what we have always complained about?

Also we redid Mixon's contract so he is much more affordable last offseason which is a good thing. He looked a lot better this year from 
what I saw so he might have one more year to add some in the pass catching department. I want another RB and I want to see Chase 
Brown with a lot more snaps next year though.

Agree on the DT's though...

Meant annoying that it hasn’t worked out considering how much capital we’ve invested. Im fine with spending on the O-line and the trenches.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can we fix the team to compete in AFC north? - lone bengal - 01-04-2024, 06:51 PM