Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick Animal Panic - Fraud.
So, the wife and I decided we would try to leave our girl Lucy out for the first time as we left. We have had her for 2yrs, and she is a good dog, but we've kept her crated when my wife goes to work at 2 till I get home at 5. So, 3hrs. Here lately, she's really been combating going into the cage. She's even damaged the cage somehow (she's 70lbs and SAF). So we decided to leave her out. 

We went to the store 12 miles away and my wife tried to watch her on the cameras in-transit and everything seemed ok. We shopped pretty quickly and came home to find out Lucy pulled my wifes purse off the desk which had Cough drops, antacid and white chocolate in it. Well, You can imagine what Lucy did with this contraband. She ate it. Including the wrappers (although she didn't eat the antacids from what I could tell).

I immediately started googling on the impact of such things our dog had ingested. It was horrible. We were in a panic. On both issues, I read it could be fatal and to call animal poison control right away. My wife picked up the phone, scared we were going to lose our baby. She called and the greeting message started off asking for $80 to be able to help your pet. It had to be paid before your call was taken. I told her to hang up.

I googled further and found a site where vet's had helped others with similar problems and found out our dog was not in danger at all. She might experience diarrhea and stomache discomfort, but that was it. It wasn't life threatening.

Shame on these MF'rs trying to take advantage of scared animal parents. They know the market is a good one because people love their pets. Why do people do this crap? Anyway, rant is over. Lucy is doing great and she hasnt even indicated she has any discomfort at all. Great learning experience. 

The site was petpoisonhelpline.com 

They must pay a lot to the search engines to be the first link to pop up. In a frantic moment, that's what your going to click. Marketing wise, it's brilliant. Ethically, it's scum of the earth type shit.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - HarleyDog - 01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
RE: Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - XenoMorph - 01-04-2024, 09:44 AM
RE: Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - HarleyDog - 01-04-2024, 01:01 PM
RE: Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - HarleyDog - 01-04-2024, 02:06 PM
RE: Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - HarleyDog - 01-04-2024, 02:19 PM
RE: Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - XenoMorph - 01-04-2024, 04:57 PM
RE: Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - HarleyDog - 01-04-2024, 08:49 PM
RE: Sick Animal Panic - Fraud. - grampahol - 01-05-2024, 12:43 AM