Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
(01-05-2024, 04:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Also Hunter Henry.

I do wonder about Gerald Everett as well, as he didn't have a great year (his decreasing AVG is worrying) but that kind of seemed to be the entire Chargers offense struggling this year.

Basically my thought is while you're right it's not an ideal year for it, we only have 1 WR with at least 100 career receiving yards and 0 TEs regardless of yards under contract for 2024. Both positions need to be rebuilt, but TEs are much more cost effective than WRs and then we'd only need 1 more starting WR to go with Chase. The TEs can help the run game, they can help the OTs, they can help in the middle of the field, they can help in the redzone, and they can help in making our offense less predictable.

Henry and Fant would be guys I think could be serviceable in our current offense, but they aren't guys I'm changing my offense around for.

Another big issue is Zac is not a 2 TE disciple.  You'll need to bring in an OC to run that offense and then hope you can get the personnel to run it adequately.   And that's if Burrow doesn't reject it.

It's a good FA crop for WR's and there's a lot of good WR talent in the draft, as well.  I feel a lot more confident that can reload with the current system than making such a shift.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ? - Whatever - 01-05-2024, 05:40 PM