Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
(01-05-2024, 05:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well if we're REALLY talking Bold how about:

Tailor the schemes on both sides on the ball to the talents of the players. This means getting under center more (not mostly just more) and moving away from spread concepts and let the linemen block downhill. Defensively if the speedy youth can't execute the scheme install something they CAN execute.

Then...

Sign Chris Jones AND go DT in Round 1 - double down on DT to truly fix it. And get a power back who breaks tackles (someone like Estime perhaps). Tag and trade Tee I guess.

Great stuff as usual Joelist. If we could tailor our schemes on both sides to our player's strengths on both sides of the ball, more under Center
play for the QB on Offense to help out the OL and running game on Offense. More Man on Defense to help out our young Secondary this could
help the team in a bold way maybe more than anything.

Also really liked Estime every time I watched Notre Dame. Just what we need at RB. Very physical and hard to tackle.

(01-05-2024, 05:36 PM)Garrus Wrote: I second this suggestion 

Adding to the scouting department some great minds with eye's for talent would be huge for this team no doubt. Great suggestion by Sunset 
and I third it. We need to have scouts that look at coaching minds as well for the future if someone doesn't work out, I know we do it, but if 
there is one place where more minds are needed, it is in the scouting department and not in the playcalling department lol
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-05-2024, 05:46 PM