Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MDD Way too cold to do anything outside Simulation
(01-18-2024, 02:16 AM)Whatever Wrote: It's hard for me to see how this draft makes us a better team in '24.

Mims has massive upside, but he's extremely raw, inexperienced, and had injury concerns.  Georgia OL are not really that well coached, either.  Mims is a guy similar to Broderick Jones who came out of there last year.  Basically, he just wins on athletic ability.  I can get behind if a stopgap vet is also brought in, but I don't know that he represents a big, immediate upgrade.  There will be growing pains.

Sweat has upside, but trusting a rookie NT to come in and start in the AFCN(which he will have to do even if Reader is resigned), is a tall order.

You kind of lose me when you're drafting a CB4-5 and a C2 instead of addressing WR2-3.  Nothing against either guy as a prospect, but neither represents such great value at the slots you're taking them that you can't pass on them, need be damned.  

ESPN put out their list of win rates by club, and the Bengals were 9th in Run Block Win Rate.  The run game struggles are largely a component of lack of talent at RB, and you don't address the position at all.

I went back and rewatched every Georgia offensive snap in the Peach Bowl against Ohio State and I no longer have concern with the inexperience of Mims. I also watched the Georgia offense against South Carolina from this season, in which Mims got injured, and I saw a right side of an offensive line that was not remotely as good without him. If he is still available for the Bengals at 18 then I certainly hope they select him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MDD Way too cold to do anything outside Simulation - OSUfan - 01-21-2024, 06:36 PM