Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd!
(03-04-2024, 11:49 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think this is overblown. 

Look, in the ZT era, they have drafted 2 OL in the first 3 rounds. Williams Rd1 in 2019 and Carman in Rd2 in 2021. All the rest are Rd4 or below. You cannot expect much out of those guys. 

Williams was not a star. He was a "safe" pick & played like it. Injured year 1 (we should stop doing that). Graded out 70+ i  the first two years. Gutted through leg injury Y3 and grade suffered. Switched to RT and was OK. Someone is gonna pay him $15 mil in FA. That is not a bust. 

Carman is, however. Another guy with injury issues. And not a great work ethic. We tried to convert him to G. Then move him to RT. Did have some good play in the POs at LT, but he appears a LT only guy. Rumored to be an owner/former coach inspired pick. 

Jordan was a 4th, cost Joe his rookie year. 

Adeniji a 6th. What you'd expect from a 6th. 

Smith was a 4th and always a project. 

Volson was a 4th. More successful T to G conversion. Struggles with twists has something to do with it. 

All of those guys were OTs in college save Jordan. 

It is not a stellar record, but the Rd1 busts we all have PTSD over (Price, Ogbuehi) were Marvin. 

You have to be able to hit on some of your later round draft picks.  You cant have an offensive line of nothing but 1st round picks.  No team in the NFL has an offensive line full of 1st round picks.  You have to be able to identify starters in rounds other than 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd! - 007BengalsFan - 03-04-2024, 03:35 PM