Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals To Get Better Look At Senoir Bowl
(01-31-2024, 10:11 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Tyler got nicked up at Oklahoma about the 9th game. OU was out of the playoffs. He was cleared to play but chose not to play pretty much and disappointed the staff and particularly his OL coach Bill Bedenbaugh. I’m sure he was trying to protect himself realizing his potential windfall. On his last game he got in the very last series on his Senior Day as his parents were probably there. Bedenbaugh has tweeted about him so the relationship is still there. I don’t think they hold it against him yet disappointed. As I’ve mentioned before Guyton has tremendous upside. I know that word is thrown around a lot but he’s not started a ton of games at RT. He was a DT in high school and converted to offensive tackle his second year after playing some H-back at TCU and TE. If he goes high it will rest on his performance at the Senior Bowl & combine. I learned that the Bengals look at video of players versus elite players. They don’t look at anything guys like Guyton did versus players that won’t play in the league.

Interesting. But I hope the Bengals don't  have to go all the way down to Tyler Guyton and expect him to protect Burrow and improve the run game. Maybe if he was a depth piece the first year, but the Bengals will need a replacement for Williams, and Guyton would not exactly be plug and play out of the gate. I hope they can get someone like JC Latham, who could probably step right into the RT position the first year. Although he may be gone by then, and Guyton would surely be gone by the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals To Get Better Look At Senoir Bowl - Nepa - 01-31-2024, 10:23 AM