Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
We have leader for RT in free agency....
(02-07-2024, 11:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wouldn't kill you for it but it's something that i don't even want to consider. That's what the Bengals have been doing. Get what they think is a "good enough" talent or draft someone to develop. It's not been working. They need to get serious and get it right this year. They need to build a wall first and foremost. They have good enough talent throughout the roster to compete and they have the QB. 

They have to get it through their thick heads that you need to pay to put guys in front of your franchise to protect him and give him time to do what he does. He's the one and only guy, active in the league today, that has beaten Mahomes and the Chiefs to get to the SB. They FAFO when Aaron Donald pulled the Lombardi right out of their hands and again the next year when Chris Jones ***** slapped Adeniji to end that season. 

Eluemunor falls into that category of "good", without being a top line FA but he's clearly better than who has played there the last 3 seasons. Volson is too volatile to keep giving him seasons to progress. He finally started to play better for a stretch late this year before reverting the last couple games. If they could pry a guy like Cushenberry away from Denver or Biadasz from Dallas, they could move Karras to LG and have clearly the best line Burrow has had in front of him here. Brown Jr - Karras - Cush/Bia - Cappa - Eluemunor and then pray like the dickens for health.

I'm not really interested in drafting Oline at all this year. Grab 2 seemingly affordable guys and use the picks for other positions. I'd rather do this than pay a big bag to Madubuike and put spackle on the Oline again. 

The Bengals probably wouldn't want to do this because it means moving Karras, but whatever. Keep doing stupid shit and falling short. 

Make every effort to sign Tee, not tag him (i know...this goes against what i've stated in the past) and front-load his contract so that you can redo Chase next year and back-load his, balancing out the 2 over the next 4 years or so. Get more speed at the RB position. Brown was a good start but they need to use him more. I wanted Gibbs so bad last year...

I was reading talk about the CB position but i didn't see too much talk about Awuzie. I think he's a must sign. They should be able to get him cheaper now due to the injury last year. 

I am normally in the boat of spend FA $'s, not draft capital on the OL, but this year's OL class is simply too good to pass on, imo.  

For the past few years, pass rushers have been overwhelming OL with athletic ability.  Jonah is actually a good example of this.  Tremendous technician, but just simply doesn't have the physical tools to stand up to guys like Garrett and Watt.  He gets clubbed like a baby seal.  The pendulum crept back the other way last year with Broderick Jones and seems to be in full swing this year.

To put things in perspective, I have 13 T's in this draft that I think are better prospects than Carman was coming out. Kids like Blake Fisher and Christian Jones who are currently ranked just outside the Top 100 could have very well been early Day 2 picks in previous drafts.  The C class is also quite strong.  

SI recently released an article regarding how much help QB's are getting and it's pretty frightening. He was 31st with a 41% perfectly covered rate when throwing to targets.  Joe needs help, both on the OL AND with the skill positions.  The current pattern of B/C tier OL FA's, pretending has beens that weren't that great to begin with 
are elite, and dreaming every single Day 3 pick at WR and RB will evolve into a plus starter needs to change.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We have leader for RT in free agency.... - Whatever - 02-09-2024, 12:38 PM
Jermaine eluemunor - Jpoore - 02-10-2024, 12:21 PM