Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
2/11 Mock no trades and off season assumptions
(02-21-2024, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why do you think that is?  For a while, Bama Tackles seemed to be a gold standard of what a team was getting.  In recent years, they have had as many OL busts as successes, same as other notable teams in CFB.  Do you think that the college game has just evolved to the point where Tackles just don't have to protect for 3-3.5 seconds anymore?

I think it’s a number of things going all the way back where football begins with the youth…. There’s a massive lack of offensive lineman today coupled with way offensive lineman are being coached, and I think that directly plays a result in all of this … because of so many things, the spread offense, junior high, high school level, 7-on-7 being more prominent than actual tackle football at a lot of youth levels. That's had an effect and impact trickling up, and I think offensive line play, because of the cut down of offseason programs and hitting, has also suffered due to that, which has obviously played a role in offensive production, running the football, the passing game. It’s hard to hit on olineman today. Especially if your in the bengals scouting department. Then again tho Seattle just hit on Lucas and cross in the same damn draft. Those two guys are bookends.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2/11 Mock no trades and off season assumptions - JoeyB2023 - 02-23-2024, 03:24 PM