Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Attempted Mass Shooter Killed by Armed Guards
(02-13-2024, 03:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On the other side of the coin I've seen conservative memes showing the invasion of Ukraine and saying "This is why citizens needs assault rifles" so there is no denying the usefulness of such a potent firearm when you need to survive a war-like situation.

Joe Biden and Eric Swalwell disagree.  You need an F-15 to compete with a military according to them.  In truth, an armed populace, even with bolt action rifles, would be a significant threat to any potential occupying force.  You may have seen the threads here in which I am told I am stupid for thinking an armed populace would have any effect on a modern military.  I guess they already forgot about Afghanistan and myriad other examples.

Quote:Frankly, people thinking an AR15 is completely unnecessary overkillingly powerful is a bonus to people who buy them so folks leave 'em be, I guess.

An AR15 is a standard semi-automatic (I really had to resist calling it fully semi-automatic) rifle.  It is nowhere close to the most lethal firearm available to the US populace.  As I have pointed out here many times fewer people are killed every year with rifles of any kind combined than are killed with knives of blunt objects, and it's not even close.  So, again, I'm going to point out the absurdity of statements like those made in this thread when they are made.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attempted Mass Shooter Killed by Armed Guards - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-13-2024, 03:18 PM