Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Bengals Free Agency/Roster Thread
(02-26-2024, 04:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, regardless we need at least 2 new DT's added, 1 a NT and 1 a 3-tech. But I am down with what you say, 2 NT's and 1 pass rusher
would be ideal. I have no faith in Carter after his patheticism last year. I would cut bait with him and keep BJ Hill and Tufele and let Tufele
compete with the new guys we bring in.

Rankins or Leonard Williams would be great in FA since it looks like all the best pass rushing 3-tech's will stay where they are most likely.

In the Draft Stackhouse is another NT type and Leonard Taylor and Ruke Orhorhoro are a couple 3-tech's we should keep our eye on.

We are largely in agreement. But I believe Stackhouse is staying at GA. 

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/football/nazir-stackhouse-announces-return-to-georgia

I'd take Carter over Tufele. He graded out higher, improved more, and at least had one impactful/game saving play (Minny run stuff). 

For me, I keep Hill and Carter at DT but hope to land a FA to push them both down a rung on the ladder. Or draft a guy who upgrades Carter. 

I bring Reader back and, again, hope to land a FA/pick to upgrade Tupou & hopd the fort while DJ recovers. Though I have no issue bringing Tupou back until then. I am nervous if Tupou has to start 6 games. Bat at backup/#3 NT, he is fine. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Bengals Free Agency/Roster Thread - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 02-26-2024, 05:54 PM