Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Bengals Free Agency/Roster Thread
(03-04-2024, 06:19 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: With this news, we should direct any money we were considering giving Reader (+ more) and send it Wilkins way. He is younger, entering his prime, and not coming off a series injury. He might not be quite the elite elite run stuffer that Reader WAS (no sure thing he returns to form), but he is still a top tier run defender and gives you much, much more in the pass rush department. 

The impact he would have on our defense is tremendous. 

I have talked about this extensively on other FA threads, but in my mind it certainly isn't either/or. It's both. 

We have the $$$. 

And Wilkins (or Jones or Madubuike or Williams) are BJ Hill upgrades, not Reader replacements. DJ is 20-35 pounds heavier than all those dudes. 

We need at least 2 proven DT/NT types to pair with Hill. Wilkins/Williams + Reader would be the way to go. But Wilkins/Hill is big enough to scrape by vs the run until DJ gets back. 

Wilkins has the same agent as Higgins. He will want $25 mil. If we could get Williams for, say $15-$17, I'd go that route. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Bengals Free Agency/Roster Thread - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM