Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
10 people injured at KC Super Bowl Parade
(02-15-2024, 02:50 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I generally follow that train of thought on not going back to the dark ages. But I'm out of ideas for solutions to the problem. Prisons are over crowded. And people with death penalties and life without parole sentences who are clearly guilty spending years hanging out in prison is tax money I would rather spend elsewhere and one of the issues I've always had with the justice system. So I'm willing to think outside the box. Kill two birds with one stone. Eww now there's and idea. Maybe let the people in the crowds that get shot up stone the shooter/s. Good old fashioned biblical stoning? Put it on TV. Then the next school that gets shot up we'll do a wake/pep rally/stoning and let the kids do it. Make a tiktok video of the kids going nuts taking revenge and maybe the next kid thinking about shooting up a school will think twice? 

I think you're a well intentioned person who makes posts that reflect their personal position, not a predetermined narrative.  That being the case I will share the following, completely fact based post.  Since around 1992 the crime rate steadily declined year by year.  Whether the previous high crime rate was solely driven by racism (it definitely was in part), poor policy decisions (it definitely was in part), or just general inequity (it definitely was in part), a movement took hold that started to use some fact based solutions.  It was found that a solid percentage of crime, well over 50%, was committed by a relatively small percentage, under 10%, of criminal recidivists.  Laws were made to increase penalties on this population, the result being a steady, with some minor hiccups, drop in the crime rate for close to thirty years.

Then, for some reason (tongue firmly in cheek) a change in the criminal justice system was seen in 2020.  The criminal justice system was branded as irredeemably racist.  Punishments for those who were seen as disadvantaged were determined to be furthering this racist system.  Prosecutors campaigned, and won, on taking a soft on criminal approach for these very reasons (research current Oakland, CA for an excellent example).  Criminals began to be undercharged, sometimes not charged at all, all in the name of smashing this intentionally racist, patriarchal, system.  The crime rate increased, the pandemic was blamed.  The crime rate remained higher after the pandemic ended, further excuses were sought.

The bottom line is the crime rate was steadily decreasing for close to thirty years, then something changed.  Solution?  Change what you changed.  Aggressively charge, and convict, recidivist criminals.  Prioritize the law abiding over the career criminal.  Hold the criminal accountable to the highest extent of the law.  Watch crime return to continuously decreasing levels.  Or continue doing what's been done for the past four years and get the same results.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 people injured at KC Super Bowl Parade - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-15-2024, 03:14 AM