Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
10 people injured at KC Super Bowl Parade
(02-21-2024, 01:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, I made a mistake.  A mistake is not an assumption.  For example, you just made a mistake when you said I made an assumption.  You did not make an assumption when you said I made an assumption.

Actually, it is.

Mays was found wounded and taken to a hospital for treatment. In a hospital interview two days after the shooting, Mays told detectives he started shooting because the others said “I’m going to get you,” the statement says.

“Stupid, man. Just pulled a gun out and started shooting,” Mays allegedly said, according to the probable cause statement. “I shouldn’t have done that. Just being stupid.”

A Glock 9mm handgun found on the ground near Mays contained six rounds in a 15-round capacity magazine, according to the documents. The firearm had been stolen in Kansas City, Missouri, the documents state.

Actually, it is.

Mays was found wounded and taken to a hospital for treatment. In a hospital interview two days after the shooting, Mays told detectives he started shooting because the others said “I’m going to get you,” the statement says.

“Stupid, man. Just pulled a gun out and started shooting,” Mays allegedly said, according to the probable cause statement. “I shouldn’t have done that. Just being stupid.”

A Glock 9mm handgun found on the ground near Mays contained six rounds in a 15-round capacity magazine, according to the documents. The firearm had been stolen in Kansas City, Missouri, the documents state.

Nope, that was where I made the mistake, not the assumption.  The Taurus, which was not identified as stolen, fired the fatal shot.  The Taurus fired by Miller.

Miller, who had a gunshot wound, was tackled and disarmed by a witness who saw him carrying a handgun, according to the statement. In a hospital interview two days after the shooting, he said he was armed with a Taurus G3 9mm handgun and said he returned fire after he saw someone shooting at him, according to the statement.

A .38-caliber class bullet was recovered during an autopsy of Lopez-Galvan, and a ballistic comparison of the bullet determined it was fired from the Taurus weapon, according to the statement.

Oh my, this didn't age well for you.  You actually had me making a mistake.  Then in your rush to get me online you made numerous mistakes yourself.  Mistakes, not assumptions.  Thank you for not only making my error now seem trivial, but giving me a good laugh in the process.

Goodnight, sweet prince.Wub

Oddly the article still does not say Mays was the first shooter.  Just what his told the police that he was stupid for stating shooting. Now that kind of assumption is easy to make based on what we know so far but it is still only an assumption as the article does not say he was the first shooter. That's why I didn't say you were wrong to make that assumption, just that it was an assumption and not what the article said/

I'm going with what the article literally says.  If the next one says Mays shot first then that is what I will go with too.

The article says it continues to look for others involved.  Until that is over we do not know who started it. Maybe they were the only shooters. In that case your assumption is correct.

As to your "mistake", yes you were wrong about the gun that fired the fatal shot being the one reported as tole, but as I said your line "I'm sure..." read as sarcastic in that you decided this was a gang bang spray shooting the day of so why would you really be "sure" the gun was legally obtained. That is what I said was an assumption.

I made no assumptions.  I repeated what was in the article.

It's not a gotcha. It's not personal. It's trying to stick with facts as they are reported.  Something we have all said should be done more, especially around here.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 people injured at KC Super Bowl Parade - GMDino - 02-21-2024, 10:06 AM