Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA RT MDD Revamp
RD. 3 - 80th Selection:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbSkElMbujlb2UszY73-i...Q&usqp=CAU]
Jonathon Brooks - RB - Texas - 6'0" 207

I am a big fan of Trey Benson from Florida State and many may like Blake Corum out of UM. However, I believe Brooks visit completely with what the Bengals are looking for in the run game and brings an instant upgrade over Mixon. I have been a Mixon supporter and I truly appreciate what he brings to the run game and the locker room. With that said I feel that the relationship has run it's course and it is time for the Bengals to take the running game to the next level.

Brooks brings elite vision and acceleration to the position. That vision and acceleration allow Brooks to exploit the slightest hole and he has the speed to take it to the house when he gets to the second level. He has displayed his outstanding ability as a receiver with great hands and the ability to produce after the catch. A concern that comes with virtually every young back is their ability to protect in the passing game and pick up blitzers and these are things that Brooks has proven to be very good at for Texas. Brooks and Brown bring a pair of explosive and dynamic backs for this Bengals backfield.

RD. 3 - 98th Selection:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiACVMD_M5Cn95ObVGvgl...A&usqp=CAU]

McKinnley Jackson - DT - Texas A&M - 6'2" 325

Jackson is a thick, high motor run stopper who was a two year team captain for the Aggies. To go along with being a two time captain Jackson also won the Aggies Defensive Leadership Award, Defensive MVP, and the team Strength and Conditioning Award. Jackson was a NT that consistently drew double teams and has shown some ability to anchor against these doubles but this is also an area where Jackson can continue to improve. However, his consistent ability to draw doubles should allow other defenders to stay clean and work to make plays. He brings outstanding explosion off of the snap and really good athleticism for his frame.

Jackson is a guy that should be able to provide quality snaps to keep Reader fresh should he return and if Reader does not return then this selection is even bigger as I believe that Jackson absolutely could be a day 1 starter for this franchise. While he is outstanding as a run stopper he also brings a decent ceiling as a pass rusher and just needs to continue to develop his skills in this area. An outstanding young prospect that brings outstanding field skills to go along with great leadership and locker room maturity.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
FA RT MDD Revamp - OSUfan - 02-15-2024, 02:15 PM
RE: FA RT MDD Revamp - OSUfan - 02-15-2024, 02:17 PM
RE: FA RT MDD Revamp - OSUfan - 02-15-2024, 02:32 PM
RE: FA RT MDD Revamp - OSUfan - 02-15-2024, 02:58 PM
RE: FA RT MDD Revamp - OSUfan - 02-15-2024, 03:23 PM
RE: FA RT MDD Revamp - OSUfan - 02-15-2024, 03:35 PM
RE: FA RT MDD Revamp - pulses - 02-15-2024, 04:28 PM