Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Vladimir Putin's critic jailed Russian leader Alexei Navalny reported dead
(02-16-2024, 01:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's revelation via compilation.  They like the way he governs.  They like his political agenda.  They like his strongman bravado and have since the Obama administration.  The voices that guide conservatives would benefit from gradually introducing plutocratic norms into the USA.  They want to put "America first" and stop funding the country he's trying to invade.

Yeah, you're gonna need to provide actual examples of this.  Not pundits saying things to generate buzz, actual politicians praising Putin and his invasion of Ukraine.

Quote:Is all this right or wrong?  Does it matter?  I'm not saying funding the Ukraine is right, I'm saying the political party that has more nice things to say about the aggressive authoritarian that is Putin, wants us to get out of his way, and is headed up by a man who flat out says he'll let him attack other countries being the same one saying they're going to be HARDER on him than the current party they are trashing for throwing too much money against him sounds like a whole lotta who shot john to me.

Again, I will never understand why you, and others, big up Trump statements into something they are not.  Trump said he wouldn't defend a NATO member that didn't meet their defense budget target as agreed.  This is not analogous to saying he'd let Putin invade NATO nations with impunity.  Is it a dumb thing to say, absolutely.  Does it give Putin the blank check you and others are stating it is, hell no.  I swear you guys are as hyperbolic as Trump when you react to him.  It's also completely at odds with the fact that Putin was quiet under Trump.  Annexed Crimea under Obama, invaded Ukraine under Biden, didn't do a damned thing under Trump.  Or is there some nebulous shadow accomplishment Putin achieved under Trump because Trump loves him so much he'll let him do whatever he wants?

Quote:It doesn't add up, and it probably doesn't add up because the current MAGA GOP wants to fool themselves into thinking they're going to make Putin crawl and kiss Trump's ass.  I'm not convinced they're going to be tougher on him, or tough on him at all.  Now Trump is Trump so tomorrow he could promise if he's elected that he's going to nuke the kremlin, so I guess I'll keep an open mind that they can become the "tough on Putin" party, but I'm not seeing it and more importantly I don't see Trump or his fanbase wanting to be tough on Putin outside of their usual "I'd totally kick his ass, that's what I do, for serious, I would, totally" BS.

I don't trust them as far as I can throw them, and I'll have you know I'm a genuine pencil-necked geek.

I don't trust any of them, at all, Dem or GOP.  I do know what happened with Putin while Trump was POTUS, and what happened under the administrations that preceded and followed him.

Quote:This doesn't apply to what I'm saying, unless Biden and democrats are doing this while simultaneously saying they will keep Hamas in check and Trump and the GOP will let them do whatever they want. 

Sorry, but it absolutely does.  The refusal to give Ukraine a blank check is consistently used around here to paint the GOP, as a whole, as pro-Putin.  Using the exact same logic the same must be said about Dems who don't ant to give Israel a blank check, i.e. they are pro-Hamas.  If you dislike this direct comparison then your issue is with the leftists who constantly enable this comparison with their statements.

Quote:tl;dr - people are mistaking Trump being hard on Putin for having a hard on for Putin.

Trump certainly enjoys the idea of the power Putin has in his own nation.  That I will not dispute.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vladimir Putin's critic jailed Russian leader Alexei Navalny reported dead - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-16-2024, 01:42 PM