Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which FA do you want if money did not matter?
(02-23-2024, 11:30 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The DL guys all play. We rotate a lot even sans injuries. We play some 5 man fronts. 

IF we were to land a big fish DT in FA, Hill couod be cut. But he is a very effective player. I'd be loathe to to it. 

The DL upgrades should not be replacing Reader or Hill, but instead upgrading Carter, Tupou, & Tufele. 

But I seriously doubt Baltimore lets Madubuike escape. Ditto Wilkins in Miami. 

Well we might see Reader replaced regardless due to injury and age, but I'd be game to see him back for 1 or 2 more seasons.
The depth does need to perform better.

I just don't think we'll see the team invest much $$ into the rotational guys.
It will be with draft picks and/or cheap veterans.

Zach Carter has played 896 defensive snaps the past two seasons and only 5 total pressures to show for it.

I think people want another year like in 2021 when the Bengals had both Hill and Ogunjobi, but people need to remember that Hill was on a very cheap deal at the time.
Ogunjobi got $6.1 mill in his 1 year with the team, and Hill was still playing on a cheap deal at just $2.2 mill.
Combined, that's just $8.3 mill.

Bengals need someone on a cheap prove-it deal or an exciting draft pick again to rotate in without breaking the bank.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which FA do you want if money did not matter? - ochocincos - 02-23-2024, 12:22 PM