Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What A Haul Simulation
(02-24-2024, 03:38 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Those are great stats and thank you for posting them. What I find even better about those stats are that they absolutely show that the Bengals do not need to use the 18th overall selection to select a TE. These stats prove that the Bengals offense and use of the TE does not at all require a high draft selection. As well, if you look at my posted assumptions for virtually every simulation I have done it is that Tanner Hudson is back with the Bengals and almost certainly so as he is a restricted free agent.

However, while you are attempting to downplay the importance of the TE as a blocker for the Bengals you may want to find out why Hudson did not start the season on the 53 even after his preseason showing. From every account I have been able to find it was because he had to clean up some issues in his blocking game as his receiving ability was not really in question.

Thank you for sharing the stats though I appreciate the time you put into compiling those and they do make me reconsider somethings when looking at Bengals prospects. I will be doing another simulation with my reconsidered thoughts on the TE position. I also hope that under our new OC that they will revamp somethings within the offense and that we will see more use of under center snaps and a heavier emphasis on play action as we saw with Jake Browning. I believe employing these as a standard in our offense makes Joe Burrow even more dangerous and could expand the role of the TE even more.

I never said the Bengals needed to use the 18th pick on a TE, but if the Bengals were to take a TE in the 1st round, the only TE worth taking is Bowers.

I've been in the camp of re-signing Hudson, re-signing Sample, and drafting a TE in Rd 3 or later.
Or instead of Hudson/Sample, get Schultz or Fant.
Regardless though, I don't see BSF as a TE who will make much of an impact from a yardage production perspective, but he's a damn good blocker and I'd be happy to have him as a backup and role player.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What A Haul Simulation - OSUfan - 02-22-2024, 08:10 PM
RE: What A Haul Simulation - OSUfan - 02-22-2024, 10:06 PM
RE: What A Haul Simulation - ochocincos - 02-23-2024, 12:30 PM
RE: What A Haul Simulation - OSUfan - 02-23-2024, 03:58 PM
RE: What A Haul Simulation - ochocincos - 02-23-2024, 04:23 PM