Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
School punishment for Black student's hair is legal in CROWN Act lawsuit, judge rules
(02-25-2024, 03:31 AM)pally Wrote: “Being an American requires conformity”….seriously?  

I have no words at the shear audacious stupidity of that statement

It is a bloody shame this “educator” is more concerned with how a young person looks than he is in making sure he is learning.

Teenagers don’t get distracted over someone’s hairstyle.  This is an adult problem.  But of course in MAGAland Texas this young man will get no justice from that court system.

It's been that way for a long time.  

Girls can't expose their shoulders and skirts must be a certain length...it distracts the boys.
Boys can't have long hair...it doesn't look "right".

Adults putting their sexual urges/fears on the students.  Meanwhile they don't want sex-ed because they think it will encourage students to have sex.  

The idea that hiding everything and trying to avoid "distractions" will never not be funny to me.

I went to catholic school all my life.  With dress codes and hair codes and every other kind of code.  There were always "distractions" because boys and girls (and girls and girls and boys and boys) all started going through puberty no matter what the code was.

Our graduating class of 85 students had one girl who had a child with her bf before graduating.  The school chose to "hide it" from the students and would not let her finish the year after birth.  They are still married to this day.

Every generation thinks the one behind it is "worse" somehow and they try to "help" them.

End of rant.

Now this situation isn't about any of that I suppose.  It's about the hair not being explicitly described in the law.  I'd be curious if hair extensions are covered or banned.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: School punishment for Black student's hair is legal in CROWN Act lawsuit, judge rules - GMDino - 02-25-2024, 11:26 AM