Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke and Zac Press Conferences
notes from coach's press meet ups today

Quote:Special teams coordinator Darrin Simmons didn't rule anything out when asked about potentially adding another punter. 

"Yeah, I would think so," Simmons said when asked about adding another punter. "Anytime you have competition there, it brings out the best." 
Instead of adding competition for Robbins, could they go out and sign a top punter like Tommy Townsend? 
Townsend played with Evan McPherson at Florida. He's scheduled to become a free agent. 
"There's some guys out there that are potentially going to be available that are very interesting that could certainly help us," Simmons said. "I think it just got to be an organizational decision on where we want to move that money to."
Simmons made it clear that he believes Robbins could take a big step forward and be the guy, but they're clearly open to adding to that room in hopes of solving their punter issues in 2024. 
"There's certainly a lot of room for improvement," Simmons said. "If you go back and look statistically where his rookie year was and comparison like what Kevin Huber's was, it's still better. I don't want to overreact here. I think that's part of my job is to help develop him and make him better. I think he is the right mindset. He's very open to him, you know things that we bring up in techniques. We might want to change a little bit the to help that production, but it's certainly an area we got to get better at quick."

from James Rapien

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Duke and Zac Press Conferences - pally - 02-27-2024, 05:55 PM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - pally - 02-27-2024, 06:22 PM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - Stewy - 02-27-2024, 08:11 PM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - Stewy - 02-27-2024, 11:04 PM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - Stewy - 02-28-2024, 10:51 AM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - Nepa - 02-28-2024, 12:43 PM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - Stewy - 02-28-2024, 01:23 PM
RE: Duke and Zac Press Conferences - pally - 02-29-2024, 03:00 PM