Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The future of the Bengals salary cap
(02-28-2024, 04:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Most teams don't have a lot of active players signed for '26. The Bengals are listed as 14th in cap space for '26, nearly right in the middle of the pack. Including rookies only 9 teams have more than 16 guys signed for '26 and only 1 with more than 23 guys. 3 years is a long time, that's enough for most teams to have a big reset if they choose to.

You changed your post and then proceeded to still have a vastly inflated number. You still have it at $350m as the projected cap, but it's $292.4m. After the $90m that's $202.4m not $260m. Even if you want to add in $5-10m for rollover, that's still way off.

I know Spotrac and Over the Cap have their Salary Cap estimates for next year but most people discussing it expects another massive jump. Really they expected 2025 to be the first big bump in the cap but the TV deal revenue was even more than they expected.  
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The future of the Bengals salary cap - Synric - 03-01-2024, 12:42 PM