Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a Jamarr Chase contract extension might look like
Seems like the best time to trade Tee was at the deadline during this past season. There were definitely teams interested and I think we could have gotten a late 1st.

Hope to see us get a late 1st for him. I agree that it would be smart to draft/develop wideouts for the WR 2-6 positions on the depth chart. We're pretty good at it and there are quite a few good ones every year in the draft. I feel the same about the running back position. I don't think we can afford to give a RB big money. Most running backs start to get hurt around year 5 or so anyway. There are a lot of good running backs to be had at any given year in the draft so it's easy to just continue to invest draft picks into that spot and make smart picks.

We've struggled drafting oline and it makes more sense to invest money there in free agency like we've been doing lately.

If you lock up Burrow and Chase, you still have money to spend on the trenches and other holes on the roster.

My strategy would be to target skill players (WR/RB/TE) in the mid-late rounds. Obviously go BPA too, but draft high value positions with the higher picks. Utilize the draft depth of WR/RB/TE positions by targeting later in the draft and developing them with Burrow and co. This would save money and high value picks to address oline/dline/secondary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What a Jamarr Chase contract extension might look like - Bengalstripes9 - 03-11-2024, 08:18 PM