Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Tee Higgins Requests Trade
(03-24-2024, 05:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: What teams currently have bad head coaches that are former Bengals coaches?   Ninja

I hardly would call the 34th overall pick pennies for a guy who is going to walk next offseason and likely only give us a 2026 3rd round comp pick (~96th-100th) and doesn't want to be here so isn't likely to be willing to give up his body and his health to make a play happen in the big moments.

(03-24-2024, 11:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: First getting the 34th pick and a possible other pick is not giving him away.. also trades happen also as you lead up to the draft or during the draft..

I'm not ruling out the possibility of a Tee trade around draft time. 

If you look at the history of the Bengals, and (more importantly) if you look at what is being said/reported, the Bengals aren't a team to sell a great, young player for cheap. If anything, they will hold out for above the player's value. 
The only exception is if the player is getting older and doesn't fit what they are doing (I'm thinking Mixon or Chad Johnson, both getting older for their position).

They will stick to their asking price, which is likely a mid 1st or better. 

If they don't get it, they get the benefit of keeping Tee as likely the most dynamic #2 WR in the league. 
Not a bad consolation prize for not getting high value in a trade, especially when you are in win now mode.

Everything being reported says they want to keep Tee 1st and foremost. 
They will have to be blown away in a trade to pull the trigger, in my opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
BREAKING: Tee Higgins Requests Trade - ah5 - 03-12-2024, 12:01 AM
RE: BREAKING: Tee Higgins Requests Trade - Bengalstripes9 - 03-25-2024, 12:26 PM