Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Arizona Bill Would Let College Students Appeal Grades If They Allege Political Bias
(03-17-2024, 11:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: My experience as well.  My philosophy of political science professor was a self proclaimed Marxist.  If you argued against his positions it was known that he'd give you a bad grade.  I got a C in his class and an A in my other four that semester.  In fact, it was my only grade lower than B in any class in my major/minor.  But this bill?  Ugh, opening up a Pandora's box of crap if you ask me.

I had a right wing girlfriend who was in grad school in 2008 or so and she apparently had some sort of legal intervention/threat at the time regarding a professor who supposedly graded her harshly on an assignment because of political bias, so this isn't entirely new even coming from the right wing.  

I personally recall feeling out each professor I had and tailoring my style to best meet what they'd want.  Some professors liked a humorous spin, some hated it, some were more open to me playing devil's advocate and some weren't.  Some wanted you to analyze and formulate opinions based upon sources, some preferred a more "regurgitative" style of citation, etc.

For all we act like college doesn't prepare people for the real world, understanding and giving the people who evaluate you want they want is a life skill that pays off, even if it makes you feel like a putz when you do it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arizona Bill Would Let College Students Appeal Grades If They Allege Political Bias - Nately120 - 03-17-2024, 01:41 PM