Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(03-24-2024, 11:03 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: It was basically the same as the comp pick, just higher in the 3rd.

Honestly, if the bengals trade him now they missed out on an opportunity.  

Keenan Allen for peanuts and similar salary would have meant production in 2024 plus the higher pick.

Mike Williams as a semi replacement.

Marquise brown.

Meaning they could have gotten a wr2 and the pick… with the cap space they have and the what will be off the books with tee leaving.

You would almost have/want to sign back Boyd or get OBJ (Odell) in that case.

Yeah that's the take I had last week with Mike Williams but great point with the other examples including Allen. 

Either way, we don't have a solid #2 to replace him, even if NE's 2nd and 4th would add up to basically Detroit's #29 pick overall on the scale.  I worry that they would pigeonhole themselves into taking whoever the best WR is at 18 even if there is a better prospect especially at OT.  Even then, I don't like relying on a rookie to produce for a contender.  

I'd still take the trade package as long as I did my homework on a passable WR via trade, as you mentioned we have the space. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer, - phil413 - 03-24-2024, 11:26 PM