Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(03-28-2024, 12:32 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: We are talking about separate issues.  Go back through this thread (I’m on phone so hard to highlight).  You will see tee be called overrated, a malcontent, and then we have the whole “we have yoshi and Charlie jones crowd”.  The fact folks are ok with tee leaving bc of two second year guys is laughable.  Borderline histarical.

Tees contract demands are one thing and I agree with you.  Separate from that is the production tee has on the field.  We don’t have anyone on the roster, as of today, that can even begin to be 50% of his role.

I get where you are coming from and if I moved TEE I would get aggressive early on in the Draft at receiver.

Take near Peak level 2021 Super Bowl Season Stats for both Tyler Boyd & TEE.

Boyd - 67 catches for 828 yards  5 tds

TEE - 74 catches 1,091 yards  6 TDs

Say the Bengals get a 2nd round pick for TEE that is in the 33 to 39 range  (Plus have his Tag Money to spend elsewhere)

If they took Brian Thomas JR in round 1 (TEE replacement) and say they take Xavier Leggette at pick #49 or #80 (Boyd replacement) 

(They still have that other 2nd round pick from the TEE trade to use at DT or OT etc)

Each year there are roughly 5 or so rookie receivers that actually get 800 to over 1,000 yards.

Brian Thomas JR ran a 4.33 forty at 6 foot 3 and 209 pounds with 1,177 yards 17 tds 17.4 yards per catch last year at LSU

Xavier Leggette ran a 4.39 forty at 6 foot 1 and 221 pounds with 1,255 yards 7 tds 17.7 yards per catch last year at South Carolina

*I would get these two rookies and move forward. (Others may like different rookies but use the same concept) 

Then BUILD up other areas of the Team with TEE's tag money and ALL other remaining Draft picks.

Zac & Burrow should be able to make something like this work. GAIN PRODUCTIVITY as the Season progresses &

have the two rookies clicking come Playoff time.

*The Chiefs got 79 catches 938 yards and 7 tds out of 2nd round 4.51 speed ROOKIE Rashee Rice last regular season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer, - depthchart - 03-28-2024, 01:51 PM