Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAS - Bengals 2023 starting OL least athletic in league
(03-26-2024, 06:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The starting group looks to be about the best in the Taylor era.

The question will be what if someone goes down?

Currently, the immediate backups are:
LT - Carman/Smith
LG - Carman?
C - Hill
RG - Ford?
RT - Ford (or Carman or Smith?)

Since they lost two OL (Jonah, Scharping), they will need to add at least one in the draft.
Since this is a good OL draft class, I expect a 2nd possibly 3rd draft pick as well for depth.

If I had it my way, OT in Rd 1 who could start next year, IOL in Rd 3-4 who could start next year, and a final OL as depth in Rds 5-6.

Of course I agree that the depth needs improved drastically and I would be down with what you say with OT in round 1 and another OL 
later. But it doesn't HAVE to be like that like some are acting either. If a Tee trade happens I would love a Tee replacement early just the
same as OT especially if Fuaga or Mims aren't there.

I don't like what I heard about Latham skipping work outs like the rest of our 1st and 2nd round busts. This always gives me pause.

Guyton's film doesn't look nearly as good as Fuaga or Mims to me. I really like Kingsley S from BYU and Blake Fisher in the 2nd or 3rd.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: RAS - Bengals 2023 starting OL least athletic in league - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-26-2024, 07:24 PM