Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I yearn for the days SNL and comedians were not political hacks in disguise.
(03-26-2024, 07:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: To be quite honest, most people have no idea what the actual political positions are of the parties. I mean, one party lacks an actual platform and the other has a wide spectrum of members. Political parties in this country only exist to provide a structure for elections and members are not beholden to any sort of party positions. The majority of voters only have ad hoc policy positions and are not ideological other than the superficial things we see with the most ardent followers.

This is one thing the whole votes to protect something as mainstream as abortion access seem to have made clear.  Red states will vote 15+ points to protect abortion access, but a republican politician could run on support for the overturning of Roe and/or a national ban and win the state by 15+ points.  Policies and political preference don't always line up neatly.  I guess that's why it's easier to make fun of and/or "report news on" specific politicians over policy for the most part.

It also fits each side and their delivery of critique of the other side that for the most part the GOP has the over the top characters and democrats are criticized for being career-politicians who are sneaky and underhanded.  You have "comedians" joke about one and you have "journalists" blow the proverbial whistle on the other.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I yearn for the days SNL and comedians were not political hacks in disguise. - Nately120 - 03-26-2024, 09:41 PM