Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading Down in 1st/2nd Round
(03-27-2024, 12:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm not necessarily against Sweat at #49, but I think people's expectations are out of hand with him.  He projects as a NT, but Murphy actually lined up more as the NT for the Longhorns than Sweat did.   Due to his weight and conditioning issues, he will have to be subbed heavily to really get much out of him, especially as a rookie.  And he seems to be this year's draft prospect that everyone just has to have and overrated to the point where they convince themselves that there's no way he'll be there around the slot they're graded at.

Personally, there's plenty of good prospects I would love to have at #49 that probably won't be available later.  Frazier, Beebe, Paul, Pearsall, Polk, Fiske, Jenkins, Benson, etc.  Not saying I wouldn't entertain a trade, but I wouldn't be desperate to.

You could be right. Sweat could be over-rated and get fatigued.

I still think pick 35-40 is much better position than pick 49 though. 

Unless someone falls to 18, I think you can get better value at 27 than you can get at 18.

It seems like we'll need to reach at 18 unless we get lucky and someone falls. At 49 it seems similar. I could be wrong though.

If the Bengals trade pick 18 and 49 for pick 27 and 35 they can pick up an additional 3rd round pick.

It really depends who's there at 18 though. There are certainly players I would take in a heartbeat if they fell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trading Down in 1st/2nd Round - Bengalstripes9 - 03-27-2024, 04:12 PM
Trading Down in 1st/2nd Round - BenZoo2 - 03-30-2024, 01:21 AM
Trading Down in 1st/2nd Round - BenZoo2 - 03-30-2024, 01:31 AM