Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading Down in 1st/2nd Round
Here's a draft where I traded down from the 2nd pick (49).

I think there will be a run on QB with the first 3 picks, then WR with the next 3 picks.
I think from there we'll see premium positions drafted (OT, Edge, Corner).
Once the top Edges are off the board we'll see the top DTs come off the board (around where we pick).
If we don't draft Newton, I think the Rams will after Aaron Donald retired.

I think from there we'll see more corners come off the board, we'll see the top IOLs come of the board, and we'll see another run on WR late in the round.
I think Bowers will drop in the draft because TE isn't as valued of a position and he'll go late in the 1st (this seems to happen every year with TEs).

At 49 I'm expecting to see the Bengals in a tough spot where they can either go WR or they can trade down for OT.

I think the smart play would be to trade down and have plenty of picks in the range where the OTs Paul, Amegadjiie, and Fischer will come off the board.

In my mock I have Buffalo or another team trading up to grab the top safety prospect in the draft. But another team could trade up for WR or another position too.

The WRs I like are Burton at 80 or 97, Brenden Rice at 97 or 115, and McCaffrey at 115 or 128.
For Corner I like Kris Abrams-Draine at 80, Jarvis Brownlee Jr. and Renardo Green at 115 or 128, and Chau Smith-Wade at 149.

I prefer to stock up on the oline and dline early, then switch to Corner and WR in the mid rounds.

I think a lot of the centers in the draft have short arms, and Bartolini is great value where he's slotted to go between 130-160.
I also wouldn't mind picking up a center at 80 or 97 if one falls.

Jer'Zhan Newton
DL | Illinois
A

Kiran Amegadjie
OT | Yale
A

Blake Fisher
OT | Notre Dame
B

McKinnley Jackson
DL | Texas A&M
C