Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading Down in 1st/2nd Round
(03-26-2024, 01:02 PM)Whatever Wrote: Trade downs always sound great in the sims, where too good to be true type deals are common and you have standby trade proposals you know the sim will take if a certain player doesn't fall to a certain pick.

However, for practical purposes, if there's nobody you like at a pick, what makes you think another team is going to give up a bunch to move into said spot? Need comes into play, obviously, but unless a team is desperate for a QB or completely in love with a certain prospect, it rarely happens.

As always, it depends on who's on the board and what the offer is.

As an aside, folks really need to stop hinging the success of failure of this draft on the Bengals getting or not getting Sweat. In all likelihood, they won't draft him, and those people are just setting themselves up for hysterics when it doesn't happen.

Nice post, couldn’t agree with this more! I’m actually not in the trade down boat. Unless things go off the rails, I think there will be someone available at 18 who could make a really big impact on this team. Unpopular but Id rather trade Tee if we were trying to get an extra early round pick than trade back. Not because i don’t like Tee but because I think he’s going to leave sooner rather than later so we might as well get something good in return while we can.

So many people have Sweat as the round 2 pick in their mocks. Which makes me laugh because if he’s that pivotal to a successful draft, you can’t play games like that, you’d need to take him in 1.Not that I think that’s his actual value. I like Sweat but him being the only capable DJ replacement is overblown. Reader himself was 5th round pick. McKinley Jackson is a solid mid round option but the guy who I think is being slept on as a 4-3 Nose is Fabian Lovett. Dudes a tough run defender. I’d be happy with him in the mid rounds.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trading Down in 1st/2nd Round - WhoDeyK - 03-30-2024, 01:02 PM
Trading Down in 1st/2nd Round - BenZoo2 - 03-30-2024, 01:21 AM
Trading Down in 1st/2nd Round - BenZoo2 - 03-30-2024, 01:31 AM