Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Bengals draft best center or best OG with #1 pick?
(03-28-2024, 02:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bengals have generally devalued interior OL in the draft in round 1. I believe Zeitler was the last good #1 pick on the interior and latest bust was Price.

The Ravens and the Steelers need IOL. The Ravens need 2 guard and Steelers need a center. Our center is a FA in 2025. Should they target a future replacement for Karras? The number 1 ranked center/Guard is Jackson Powers- Johnson from Oregon. He is mocked to the Steelers at pick 20 in a few mock drafts.

He is clearly the #1 center in the2024 draft according to the experts. I keep hearing a lot about the AFCN running games, if Steelers can't get their center of the future, it could hurt them and help us at a minimum in 2025, or he could compete with Volson at LG as well.

I am assuming the versatile OL Troy Fautanu is gone, but if he available, he may a no brainer as he can play all of the OL positions including RT. 

I know we have a lot of options, but unless we extend Karras, we could have a huge hole in the middle protecting our franchise QB in 2025.

I like it.

RT and the interior o-line needs addressed in the draft due to potential holes next year. Even if Karras is extended, he could replace Volson, who has his shortcomings, to be generous...

Count me on board, unless a tackle they love is available.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could Bengals draft best center or best OG with #1 pick? - FormerlyBengalRugby - 03-28-2024, 05:35 PM