Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stick to Your Board Mock 3/29
First three rounds would be the best draft ever.

But Wright may be a bit overboard.

Adding Wright to a RB room with Moss, Benson and Brown doesn't add very much value to the team, even with how good he is.

I love the Fisher pick though, even with Fashanu in the 1st. We lost in the Super Bowl because our starting RT was injured and we were running out back up caliber players at guards and center (Williams - Spain - Hopkins - Adeniji - Prince) and we lost the AFC championship game because our starting RT, LT and RG were injured (Carman - Volson - Karras - Scharping - Adeniji). You can never have too much depth on the Oline. Plus our OT depth is O Brown (3 years left), T Brown (1 year deal), Carman (1 year deal), Ford (1 year deal), Smith (1 year deal), so we're going to have to rebuild our OT depth eventually anyway. I can't say the same for RB, where we have Moss for at least 2 years, Brown for at least 3 years and then Benson would be a rookie on 4 years. Wright would take Trayveon's roster spot, which is a low impact slot.

Everything past that is fine. I think McCaffrey is getting more attention than he probably deserves because of his name, but bloodlines are a predictor for success, so that may end up working out for us. And then the 5th through 7th round picks are fine depth pieces that you hope turn into something, but don't expect much out of. None of them are my "favorite" late round picks, but they're mostly all lottery picks anyway. Getting even one starter out of the 5th through 7th rounds is considered a huge bonus to me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Stick to Your Board Mock 3/29 - Whatever - 03-29-2024, 12:52 PM
RE: Stick to Your Board Mock 3/29 - tms - 04-01-2024, 12:08 PM
RE: Stick to Your Board Mock 3/29 - CJD - 04-02-2024, 03:19 PM