Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Friday MDD Simulation
(03-30-2024, 03:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1. Love the Bowers pick, obviously, and I'm still praying that he falls to us or we trade up to get him.

How do you cover him, Chase, and whoever our #2 receiver is?

2. Been a huge fan of Sweat and I think he's been in all of my mocks. We need to upgrade the interior d line and he's perfect.

3. Love the Kiran pick. I don't trust Pollack to develop anyone (or even to coach a first round pick and not ruin their potential), but I trust that a Yale guy is smart enough to help improve himself. I think he'd fit well in our zone blocking scheme.

3b. I think Burrow would like Baker a lot and help ease the loss of Higgins (assuming we trade him, which I'm still holding out hope). With defensive backfields paying attention to Chase, I think Burrow could sneak past defenders and I also think he understands how to get open.

4. I think giving Zinter a year to get completely healthy before Karras leaves would be very beneficial and help get the most value out of him. Struggles in space but is good against bull rushers and, at center, he won't be in space much, especially against nose tackles of the division.

5. Jones negatives seem to be his short-area speed and moves, but I'm not too concerned about that if he's playing on the outside because what I think is more valuable out there, is speed, which he has. I also like how tall he is.

6. I think Guerendo could be a sleeper that never really got the opportunity that he deserved in college. I think he could be a great compliment to Brown with receiving out of the backfield and ability to make big plays in the run game.

6b. I love how Boyd is powerful and can cause disruption. I don't think he'll last this long but it's a no-brainer if he does.

7. If Hadden falls this far because of his injury, it's a miracle and a gift.

7b. Don't know much about Knight but seems like he could be a nice piece to add.

Don't know a whole lot about the UDFAs, but I do love Drew since I played DB and they always caught my eye. He's a fast dude who is willing to play anywhere in the defensive backfield. I love the versatility and willingness and I also think he has a lot of potential to improve and expand his game.

I don't know if those picks can happen, but I'd be pretty happy if it went down that way!

1) I know that in the past the TE has not been the focal point of the offense but I am hoping that a selection such as this would have Pitcher revamping things a bit to play to his strengths. I also hope that Pitcher plans to employee more under center and play action aspects like we saw utilized down the stretch with Browning. I believe these things could really capitalize on the weapons that this offense has and showcase the deadly accuracy of Burrow.

2) This draft is full of 3 technique DTs but really low on quality NTs. I really like Ruke Orhororo in the second but I believe Sweat is more what this defense needs at this point and like I said he was BPA at the point of selection. The signing of Rankins has given us a dangerous 3 that will benefit from the doubles that Sweat should draw.

3) Yes, I have to admit that I was excited that this team got Pollack to coach the O line but I also must admit that it has not yielded the results I and most others were hoping for. It is tough finding a lot of tape on Kiran but what I have seen shows an extremely talented OT prospect and while he played LT at Yale I feel like he is damn near a perfect fit to move to the right side at the NFL level. He has the ass and anchor needed to take the physicality on the right side as well as being a very strong run blocker.

3) It does not take much tape to really quickly become a fan of Baker. When I watch him I just see an extremely mature receiver that really understands the small nuances of the game and how to utilize the strengths that he has to his advantage. I really believe that Baker is a guy that could play early and make an impact. I think Higgins is going to be the #2 and on the roster this season unless someone is willing to ante up pretty largely on draft day to get him.

4) I have seen some of the concerns with Zinter playing in space and that would alarm me if he were playing OT but playing on the interior it does not concern me really at all. If you watch film on their offense what you will see is that in big play situations when they were successful that many times it was them running behind Zinter in some way and many times it was him pulling to lead and open the whole. Those big plays were often a result of him getting an initial block at the line and then finding a secondary target at the next level. He is just a very technically sound lineman with a nasty disposition which I think our line lacks a bit.

6) The more I learn about Boyd the more I really like this kid. He played the true NT position in the three man front at N. Iowa and was extremely disruptive in doing so. What I found really impressive was his showing at the Shrine Bowl where he literally manhandled Division 1 power 5 linemen like they were high school players. He is so strong and generates so much power off of the snap. Did you see he put up 38 reps at their pro day?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Good Friday MDD Simulation - OSUfan - 03-29-2024, 08:02 PM
RE: Good Friday MDD Simulation - OSUfan - 03-29-2024, 09:37 PM
RE: Good Friday MDD Simulation - OSUfan - 03-30-2024, 12:59 PM
RE: Good Friday MDD Simulation - BFritz21 - 03-30-2024, 03:14 PM
RE: Good Friday MDD Simulation - OSUfan - 03-31-2024, 10:45 AM