Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Slain Officer's family stops NY governor from entering Wake
(03-30-2024, 05:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Speaking as someone in the profession I can assure you of a few things.  We take our job very seriously.  We want to help the law abiding citizen and prevent them from being victimized by criminals.  We want to remove criminals from the street and ensure they cannot victimize more people.  If a politician directly impedes those things then we hold them accountable for the result.  Hochul is a soft on crime POS, like much of the Democratic party.  She enables criminal conduct, and hinders law enforcement, by her words and her deeds.  While we, like anyone, take the death of one of our own more personally, we are not blind to the suffering of the average citizen due to these policies.  I recently recounted a conversation I had with the family of a murder victim who were incensed that the perpetrator was out on house arrest (they subsequently absconded).  They were devastated, as was I.  Proactive policing is difficult to impossible, so the ability to prevent a criminal from committing more crime is often as much as we can hope for.  Thanks to the Dems and their policies we usually don't even have that anymore.

In the over twenty years I have done this job I have never seen people more despondent and demoralized.  People who genuinely care who see their good, hard work flushed down the toilet in the name of "progressive" politics.  Try talking to a rape victim and explain how their attacker got off with probation instead of a prison sentence after the "progressive" DA's office allowed them to plea out to a far lesser crime.  You guys don't know what you don't know.  Whether the ignorance is willful or not is the only question left to answer.

Some of the plea bargains I see just watching true crime or even a show like court can are mind boggling. The number of people who get murder one down to manslaughter is criminal. These aren’t 50/50 cases. I understand you can’t have trials for every case, but you do for the big ones before you drop a charge that far. One case I saw, the guy had five charges with rape being the biggest. They dropped the rape and he pled to the four misdemeanors. I mean wtf?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slain Officer's family stops NY governor from entering Wake - michaelsean - 04-01-2024, 07:55 PM